Saturday, May 12, 2012

Never ending

My last post ended with "no-one has dumped anything on our corner yet this morning." But before the day  ended we heard the familiar sound of a bag being flung over the barrier.


I got a picture after my hubby moved it out of the tree and wildflower border we are growing. That day he picked up trash, my friend picked up trash, I picked up trash and at some point during the day the city came, picked up trash and weed whacked the barrier.

 Didn't help for long because the next night someone threw this to add to the mess. Worse yet, there was human excrement included and broken glass. A lovely way to start a Saturday morning.

I was just out wanting to take some nice pictures of my flowers as the early morning sun lit them up.
The weather was lovely though as I headed out for my dog walk later on. The view from the Scott Road Diversion is especially fine.
The Lions mountain peaks are beautiful this time of year with just the right amount of snow.
Did you spot the flaw in the beautiful scene? Every single time there's something to mar the picture. Someone often just throws random items out their car window here. This time a broken CD player.
 The smell of exhaust when there is lots of traffic on this hill is nauseating to me and makes my dog sneeze.
 Who is for making dandelions the official flower of Surrey? There sure are enough of them.
 Abandoned toy, the tow truck won't be by to pick up this one.
A picture for my 100 Rectangles page. 
January 9th I photographed the garbage you see in the background, now there's a couple mattresses, and some of the garbage has mysteriously disappeared, but not all of it. Strange.

The beaver pond area remains a trashy scene. Can you see the law chair hiding in the mud?


Further down stream they are busy paving paradise to put up parking lots. Not very much room left for nature here,  now there is a swath of black pavement and buildings instead of open land. This part of Surrey could be a green gem in the heart of Metro Vancouver, instead it will be a truck wasteland.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to keep picking up the never ending stream of trash on our corner as well. Someone has now tossed their Wendy's trash, so here I go to pick up litter again today. Never ending I tell you, it's never ending.

2 comments:

  1. Tree Protection Bylaw
    http://surrey.ca/files/17FrequentlyAskedQuestions.pdf

    Metro Vancouver Recycles
    http://www.metrovancouverrecycles.org

    Return-it
    http://www.return-it.ca/locations/metro-vancouver/surrey/

    ReplyDelete
  2. For large items disposal-pick up,

    for the City of Surrey:

    604-599-8151 ext 117 & 123 (Enterra)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...