Monday, April 2, 2012

There is Hope

A block into my dog walk today I found this blown behind a cement barrier.
There is Hope in this Troubled World.

I only noticed it because this pamphlet was tucked into the barrier.

Made me smile and think of Hope.  But sometimes I feel as if I'm being set up by a great cosmic prankster with these scenarios so that I can take these crazy photographs.

Sunday in Robson Creek Ravine.

Someone hung up their beer can.

Friday in Newton. Do you look at the utility pole? Or the utility box?

This apple really cheered me up today.
Next to Grace Road and the new South Fraser Perimeter Road.

Unfortunately, nearby was this.

 
It's the Truth, Election Signs hide out in all kinds of places.

I came across the expected.

I came across the unexpected, the bones of a quarter cow.

I encountered Circles to add to my 100 Circles Collection.

I found something for my new 100 Rectangles Collection. This seems to be a popular brand of chew, I see the packages everywhere. Almost as many as there are cigarette packages and butts.


If you ever need a good workout, might I suggest these stairs into and out of Tom Hopkins Ravine.

Salmonberry (the pink flower) and Osoberry are blooming in the forest. Time for our nature lesson.


The  Rubus spectabilis (Salmonberry)  will get edible berries on it. They look like orange or yellow shiny raspberries.  
The Osoberry (Oemleria cerasiformis) or it's sometimes called Indian Plum or Oregon Plum is one of the first native plants to bloom and get green leaves in the Spring. The fruit looks like tiny purple plums. It is edible, but sour. The birds and animals like it, but you probably won't.


Remember There is Hope.

Don't dwell on the negative.

Focus on the Positive.

1 comment:

  1. VaporFi is the #1 electronic cigarettes provider on the market.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...