Sunday, January 29, 2012

More of the same

Across from yesterday's post is another strip mall at 8363 128 Street with this special collection next to it.  The trash was quite spread and entangled in the shrubs.

It even made it into the trees.
This majestic old cedar in Cedar Hills was used as a dumping ground and deserves better.
ਕੈਨੈਡਾ ਨੂ ਸਾਫ਼ ਰਖੋ ਕੈਨੈਡਾ ਵਿਚ ਗੰਦ ਨਾ ਪਾਓ

I drove through to their exit at the back and was ushered out by another shopping cart. 


The roof tiles were dumped across from the Tile Shop. They probably sell floor tile, but  it was kinda ironic to be able to get them in the same shot. 

The land on the other side of the street is BC Hydro's and contains the true beginnings of Bear Creek. 

I wonder how many times this scene has been cleaned up. Countless I'm sure.


Why stuff a tree full of plastic?


When I went for my dog walk, I found the usual dump of local papers. Sometimes it's the Leader, sometimes its the Now.
I photographed this big mess on Dec. 11 but I never really clued into the fact that you can see LA Matheson Highschool from here.

There's a walkway leading to Scott Road. I imagine the kids use it daily, so there is kid generated trash here, but to be fair it can't compare to the trash dumped by the adults of the neighborhood.

Another example of how we are training the future to walk past trash and pay it no attention.

You can see there's been some attempt at cleanup, but the trash is so embedded in the dirt and weeds, I'm not sure what will remove it. There's dumped sofa and bin at the end. I'd like to know what the highschool kids think of this walk.


Further on my walk I see again this jug of used oil that has been sitting there for weeks now.
As has Bajwa.

There's a new cart.

And an old toy chair. And I'm tired of seeing more of the same over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...