Sunday, December 18, 2011

Dec. 18 - I went for a walk today...

I set out on my walk today and decided to go somewhere I've been avoiding because I didn't want to see the mess.  There's a beaver pond just down at the bottom of the hill. Bet most people don't know that. I've even seen the beaver swimming past once.

Just a few of the things to pass by on the way.
They are building a new Burger King at the bottom of Scott Road Hill. I hope they spend time cleaning up their neighborhood.

There seems to be a bit of competition for space among the cups at the local bus stop. Just wait till Burger King cups gets added to this collection.


My house is up on top of that hill. How long do you think it will take for the first littter from here to hit my street? One hour? One afternoon? I bet it will be within the first day.
Surveryor, you seem to have left something behind.


Then I get here... Behind me is the beaver pond.


See the half circle of water in the background? There's cut saplings in there with the marks of beaver teeth. Try to ignore the broken toilet in the foreground.


This tree was felled by the beaver. Wonder if it will have to crawl all over the garbage heap to make use of the wood it's cut down.


A view from the edge of the pond back at the garbage (blue dot) and preloading of sand where the oil was oozing.

More garbage dumped in the area. Not a nice scene for the beaver, the National symbol of Canada.  There are more photos of this scene I took Dec. 20 on The Beaver Pond page.

A gap had opened up in the clouds over the mountains while I was on my walk. My camera does not do it justice, but the snow covered mountains were absolutely beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...